- Provide clear leadership of engineering support for the AOP processes and long term initiatives. Focus on Capital Investment SBP build, and its subsequent conversion into AOP plans.
- Align capital projects and business needs with the long term vision in close collaboration with plant director.
- Lead, manage and develop the engineering team ensuring they have the resources, skills and support required to deliver site operational objectives.
- Manage a team of Project Managers.(x3)
- Support Project timescales and set out project plan with appropriate resource, milestones and project phasing.
- Clear and timely communication and escalation of any deviation from project plan or expected financial delivery.
- Communicate and liaise with Senior leadership team to prioritise multiple work streams.
- Communicate and liaise across various site teams. (Ops/Facilities/Utilities/Finance) to ensure resource availability and delivery of project to required timelines)
- Determine Project timescales and set out project plan with appropriate resource, milestones and project phasing.
- Ensure the most efficient and effective operating structure is in place partnering with the Site Operational leaders with supporting succession and development plans.
- Build strategic capital plans to align with directed sourcing model and annual productivity tasks.
- Coach project engineering team in project management within agreed scope and budget.
- Align project design with key stakeholders (R&D, MOS, IT, safety and local environment legislation)
Purchase department: The Engineering manager provides support to the site purchaser enabling cost optimisation within the following areas:
- Spare parts.
- Machines and assets.
- Plant services and contracts, except for centralized purchased goods and raw materials.
- Investigating central buying opportunities with Pepsi Co plants within the Benelux.
Acts as a representative of Global Environmental Safety Management System (GEHSMS) within the PMT.
Automation department: The Engineering manager supports the PC/PLC controls automation needs and concepts.
Providing support in the following areas:
- Support automation engineer in solving automation challenges within agreed scope and budget.
- Support maintenance department in solving difficult downtime issues.
- Support maintenance and engineering department in starting up projects.
Operations support: The Engineering manager provides support within the following areas:
- Determine and define the correct support tools for other departments.
- Align needs with other PMT members.
- Support departments by owning/compiling the AOP capital plan.